Information About COVID-19 for Tenants
During this time of uncertainty, The Realty Medics would like to be a resource for any concerns you may have about COVID-19. We have compiled a list of viable resources for you and your family. If you find yourself in a position of unfamiliarity, now or in the near future, as it pertains to rental income, utilities, food, or employment, please reference the list of assistance programs below.
We will continue to monitor the conditions as they progress, and update this page accordingly. If you have any direct questions or concerns about your personal situation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly.
The House is preparing to vote as soon as Wednesday on a new coronavirus aid package as the White House and congressional negotiators near an agreement.
Nationwide Assistance Programs
211.org – Get Connected. Get Help. A national network providing a wealth of resources and assistance spanning from food assistance to monthly housing needs.
One Fair Wage, Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund, providing free, cash assistance to restaurant workers, delivery drivers and other tipped workers and service workers.
Bartender Emergency Assistance Program Grant through the United States Bartending Guild Foundation for eligible industry workers that have been displaced during COVID-19.
Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation (RWCF), its COVID19 Crisis Relief Fund has been established to:
i) Immediately direct money to organizations leading on-the-ground efforts in the restaurant community,
ii) To bolster our impact investing budget to provide zero-interest loans to businesses to maintain payroll during closure or re-open once this crisis has passed.
iii) To establish a relief fund for individual workers facing economic hardships or health crises as a direct result of COVID-19.
Air Force Aid Assistance, Air Force Aid Society, offering no-interest loans and/or grants to members of the Air Force, Airmen, and families.
Great collection of nationwide industry specific programs available here.
American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA), American Guild of Musical Artists Relief Fund, offering financial assistance for rent, utilities, mental health, and medical care; as well as other basic living expenses for any AGMA member in good standing or on honorable withdrawal.
The Florida government recently passed a law changing the name of the Unemployment Compensation Program to the Reemployment Assistance Program. This renaming of the benefits program is intended to emphasize the job search and reemployment services offered to Florida’s unemployed. This has no effect on anyone either receiving or seeking to receive unemployment benefits. The program remains completely intact as it was; only the name has changed.
Rental Payment Assistance
- COVID-19 Orange County Rental payment Assistance Program – Dedicated to the COVID-19 by Orange County
- Rental Assistance Resources – Orange County – Great Resource of a list of services to help
- Rent/Utility Crisis Assistance Programs – Orange County Crisis Assistance Program
- Rental Assistance Resources – Orlando, FL – Rent Assistance
- Financial Assistance – Orlando, FL – Financial Help Resources
- Financial Assistance Orientation and Application – Seminole County – Official County rental assistance program
- Rental Assistance, Prevention Assistance, Financial Aid, Etc – Seminole County – Rent Assistance
- Food Assistance, Rent/Bill Pay, Housing Assistance – Seminole County
- Financial Assistance – Salvation Army of Seminole County
- Rental Assistance – Rent Assistance
- Food Assistance, Rent and Bill Pay, Various Assistance Programs
- Financial Assistance
- Homeless Coalition of Polk County
- Rental Assistance – Osceola County – Great Resource for services to help
- Rental Assistance – Kissimmee, FL – Rent Assistance
- Assistance Programs and Resources – Osceola County
- Rental Assistance – Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- Rental Assistance – Ocala, FL
- Housing Assistance Programs, Food Assistance, Rent & Bill Pay Assistance, Various Assistance Programs
- Rental Assistance, Senior Services, Housing Counseling, and Financial Assistance